Monday, September 2, 2024

Poppy Harmon and the Shooting Star by Lee Hollis - 5 Stars!


Poppy Harmon accepts her old acting rival Serena Saunders as a client. Serena requests a background check on Ned Boyce, her fiancĂ©, before tying the knot. Wealthy, and connected, Ned seems like the most unlikely private investigation subject in Palm Springs. Poppy thinks she’s finished with her latest assignment when Serena is caught holding a gun over a dead body. With Serena claiming self-defense, the Desert Flowers team must expose the truth about the unknown victim.
This was a fantastic read; I was surprised that I loved it so much. Poppy is a funny character, and I enjoyed reading about her antics with her friends at Desert Flowers Investigations. This story was full of wonderful twists and turns, and at first, I thought one of the characters did it only to be surprised in the end at the big reveal. I thoroughly enjoyed this read and I recommended to all cozy mystery readers. Thanks to NetGalley and Kensington Books for this advanced reader's copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment