Friday, August 30, 2024

A Rogue's Rules for Seduction by Eva Leigh - 3 Stars!


After Dominic Kilburn left Lady Willa Ransom at the altar, she vowed never to reveal how badly she was hurt. Following a year abroad, Willa wants to move on with her life, so she accepts an invitation to a house party. When dark secrets from his past surfaced right before his wedding, Dom knew he didn’t deserve Willa. So, he bolted. To escape the memories of all he lost, Dom heads to a friend’s estate on an isolated Scottish isle. Yet one of the other guests is the very woman who haunts his every thought. Thrown together by family and friends, Willa and Dom try to resist the fiery pull between them. Soon their attraction explodes. Can these lovers find their happily ever after, or will everything detonate a second time?
This was an absorbing historical romance filled with interesting and flawed characters looking for their happily ever after. I could feel the romance and the steam between Willa and Dom. Their sexy interactions kept me turning the pages. But I felt there were too many sexual encounters. Two chapters were nothing but sex between Willa and Dom. I felt it took away from the plot. The overuse of cursing took away from my enjoyment of the story. I think as a reader the cursing was a bit excessive. Other than that, I enjoyed this historical romance. Thanks to Avon and Harper Voyager for the opportunity of reading this advanced reader's copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment