Saturday, January 27, 2024

A Flicker of a Doubt by Daryl Wood Gerber - 3 Stars!


With a theater foundation tea and an art show planned at Violet Vickers's estate, Courtney Kelly, Carmel-by-the-Sea shop owner, is hired to create charming fairy gardens for the event. It's not so charming, however, when her best friend Meaghan's ex-boyfriend turns out to be Violet's latest artistic protege. Even worse, not long after Meaghan locks horns with him, his body is found in her yard, bludgeoned with a round piece of artwork. Courtney decides to investigate with some help from Fiona the sleuthing fairy. Can she find the truth before someone else is murdered?
I liked this cozy mystery. Ms. Gerber describes Carmel-by-the-Sea so well that it's on my bucket list of places to visit. The plot kept me guessing as to the identity of the culprit. I was surprised in the end. Even though this story wasn't a quick read, I recommend it to everyone who loves a fanciful cozy. This review is my unbiased opinion. Thanks to NetGalley and Kensington Books for the honor of reading this ARC.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment