Friday, September 30, 2022

Can Children Help A Loveless Marriage?

 

Something in the HeirSomething in the Heir by Suzanne Enoch
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Emmeline and William Pershing have enjoyed a perfect marriage of convenience. They’ve settled into separate, well-ordered lives beneath the same roof, and are content to stay that way. Although William has secretly longed for more from the woman he adores. When Emmeline’s grandfather, the Duke of Welshire, summons them both for his birthday celebration and demands they bring their two little children, William is stunned to discover that his wife invented two heirs to fulfill the agreement for living at Winnover. But surely if they team up and borrow two cherubs to call their own, what could go wrong? Enter George, age 8, and Rose, 5—the two most unruly orphans in Britain. As the insanity unfolds, their careful, professional arrangement takes some surprising turns. Perhaps it takes a bit of madness to create the perfect happily ever after.
When I first read the summary for this historical romance, I was intrigued. The concept for this novel seemed interesting and fairly original. Sadly, though, I wasn’t impressed. I didn’t like Emmeline at all, she seemed selfish, conniving, irresponsible, and naïve. She manipulated the whole situation. William seemed very submissive, and I felt he didn’t have a backbone. I honestly was not interested in what happened, and just read it to finish it for this review. Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for this advanced reader’s copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment