Wednesday, August 3, 2022

A Killing in Key West!

 

A Dish to Die For (Key West Food Critic Mystery #12)A Dish to Die For by Lucy Burdette
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hayley Snow, food critic for Key Zest magazine, is having lunch with a friend outside of town. Afterwards, she discovers her husband Nathan’s dog, Ziggy, has disappeared. She follows his barking and finds him digging at a shallow grave with a man’s body in it. Davis Jager, a local birdwatcher, identifies him as GG Garcia, a Key West local and developer. When Davis is attacked in the parking lot of a local restaurant after talking to Hayley and her friend, Miss Gloria, Hayley is slowly but surely drawn into the case. Can she find the truth and the culprit?
This cozy mystery was a good read. I liked Hayley and how she worked with her husband and the police to solve the crime. Miss Gloria was the standout character to me, being the wise and wild older friend. I loved the descriptions of Key West, Florida, and it’s now on my list of places I want to visit. The plot was a dastardly diabolical puzzle, and I was surprised in the end. Thank you to NetGalley and Crooked Lane Books for this advanced reader’s copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment