Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Wedding Cake and Murder?

 

Donut Disturb (A Bakeshop Mystery, #15)Donut Disturb by Ellie Alexander
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Love is in bloom in Ashland, Oregon as everyone gathers at Lithia Park for the celebration of the year—Thomas and Kerry’s wedding. Jules and her team at Torte have been tasked with catering the outdoor reception and everything is going according to plan, until a wedding crasher shows up. It’s Kerry’s estranged father who was just released from prison. Kerry is upset. Jules vows to do everything she can to make sure that there are no other surprises on her friend’s big day. But when the bassist for the wedding band is found stabbed with the blunt end of his instrument, Jules will slice through the five-tiered cake and a bevy of potential suspects in order to track down the killer.
This cozy mystery is lots of fun and cake. I love Jules and her bakery filled with her friends, family and sweet treats. The plot was a nice little puzzle that kept me guessing until the end. Reading this story put me in a good mood because of the little touches the author used to describe the setting. I felt that, even though I don’t know the author, that she was a positive, upbeat person through the wording of the novel, and the lasting impression I got in the end. I will definitely read more of this author’s work.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment