Friday, July 8, 2022

Death of a School Board President!

 

Death Gone A-Rye (A Bread Shop Mystery #6)Death Gone A-Rye by Winnie Archer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In the Northern California seaside town of Santa Sofia, baker’s apprentice Ivy Culpepper is baking focaccia in preparation for the local school district’s Spring Fling. When school board president Nessa Renchrik is murdered, Ivy is shocked. But she’s just as surprised when her beau, Miguel Baptista, becomes a suspect. It’s up to Ivy, her boss Olaya Solis, and octogenarian Penelope Branford to separate the wheat from the chaff to determine the identity of the real culprit.
This was a great cozy mystery that made me hungry. Ivy is a very likeable character, and I enjoyed reading about her investigation. I thought the townspeople, the suspects, were interesting, and I hope to hear about them in subsequent stories. The setting was very appealing, and I would love to visit Yeast of Eden. The plot was just what I love about cozy mysteries. No gore, or violence, but action and suspense mixed with homey vibes with a smattering of romance. I recommend this book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment