Saturday, July 2, 2022

Is Love Stronger than the Demons of our Past?

 

Something About YouSomething About You by K.B. Barrett
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Danny has seen his brothers find true love but never thought it was for him. He believes that his demons would scare anyone away. But what about Jill? She has her own past to deal with while taking care of her younger brother. Can their awkward friendship turn into a romance that can last forever?
I was eager to read this mafia romance, but I was highly disappointed. On the positive side: the story was exciting and easy to read. The negative: The most prevalent word was a curse that didn’t need to be used. There are so many other words in the dictionary that can describe what a character is feeling and would show more of what a character is like. Because that word was used so much, I didn’t understand Danny or what he went through, prior to this story. I felt that Jill was a little naïve and too controlled by Danny through their sexual relations. In my opinion, they had more of an attraction, not love. Danny wanted to own her. I felt that both characters needed to be fleshed out more. This story needed a lot of editing. I received an advance review copy for free, and I’m leaving this review voluntarily.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment