Monday, July 11, 2022

Another Death at the Castle!

 

Castle Deadly, Castle Deep (A Dinner and a Murder Mystery, #2)Castle Deadly, Castle Deep by Veronica Bond
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After settling into her role as an actor in Derek Corby's castle murder-mystery troupe, Nora Blake is troubled by the setting of Derek's fall mystery: the catacombs in the depths of the castle. When a man is killed during one of their first shows, the eerie catacombs become a place of terror. Joined by her castle companions, Nora attempts to find the motive for killing a seemingly innocent victim. She discovers that someone else is in danger and that she may also be in the sights of the killer. With the help of her handsome boyfriend, Detective John Dashiell, Nora will have to go off-script to prevent a murderous encore.
I loved this cozy mystery. The gothic castle gives the mystery an enigmatic setting, which reminds me of the mysteries from the early nineteenth century. Nora is a very relatable character, and I find that I want to know more about her life as the story unfolded. The plot was similar to a closed room mystery. I was unable to figure out whodunit, and I was surprised when the killer was revealed. I will definitely read more of this series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment