Thursday, June 30, 2022

An Iced Tea Maker Almost Met Her Maker!

 

Live and Let Chai (Seaside Café Mystery, #1)Live and Let Chai by Bree Baker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Everly Swan has moved back to her seaside hometown and now owns a little iced tea shop and café right on the beach. Her life is looking bright until she finds one of her customers dead with one of her hallmark glass tea jars lying right next to him. When his autopsy report finds poison in his system, it doesn't look good for Everly or her new business. When the whole town turns against her, Everly is determined to find the truth before she loses her business and maybe her life.
I liked this cozy mystery; the plot was so enthralling, and I kept on guessing the identity of the culprit. The romantic subplot was sweet and was a nice addition in the story. Everly was spontaneous, reckless and likeable- a great combination for an amateur sleuth. I also liked the side characters, including Everly’s aunts. They were fun to read about. I will read the next installment in this series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment