Monday, May 23, 2022

Book Review!

 

Death by Beach Read (Lighthouse Library Mystery #9)Death by Beach Read by Eva Gates
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lucy and Connor moved into a house full of secrets and old family drama. When they find a man’s dead body, will Lucy discover the motive for the murder before she’s next on the list?
When I read a cozy mystery, I want to feel the “coziness” while trying to figure out the mystery. I really didn’t get that feeling. This mystery had a very creepy vibe, and it seemed somewhat intense throughout the book. I also felt a little disconnected from the main character until midway through the story. The plot was very compelling, and I was surprised by the reveal at the end. I will continue reading the rest of the series. Thank you to NetGalley and Crooked Lane Books for this advanced reader’s copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment