Monday, May 23, 2022

Book Review!

 

Grilling the SubjectGrilling the Subject by Daryl Wood Gerber
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Published in 2017. As the Wild West Extravaganza rides into Crystal Cove, California, Cookbook Nook store owner Jenna Hart is ready to indulge her appetite for grilled and barbecued treats. But when the body of one of her father’s neighbors is found smoldering in a bonfire, Jenna needs to find the culprit before her father is the next victim.
This was a great cozy mystery with dozens of delicious food ideas. I loved all of the wonderful community events, and how the different businesses get involved in the celebration. Jenna and her family and friends are fun. Every time I read one of these stories, I feel like I’m visiting old friends. The plot was very clever, and I couldn’t figure out the identity of the culprit. I can’t wait to read another Cookbook Nook mystery.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment