Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Book Review!

 

Bookman Dead Style (Dangerous Type Mystery, #2)Bookman Dead Style by Paige Shelton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Published in 2017. It’s January, and an annual film festival has taken Star City by storm. Clare Henry and her grandfather restore old typewriters and beloved books at their shop, The Rescued Word. When cinema’s hottest actor, Matt Bane, enters their store to buy some notecards, everyone is starstruck. But when Clare sees the police leading Matt out of The Fountain hotel in handcuffs a few hours later, she can’t believe it. The actor is accused of killing his sister, but Clare’s convinced that someone else took on that role. Can she find the truth before Matt gets convicted?
I really enjoyed this cozy mystery. It was puzzling, suspenseful, and fun. Clare is a great main character who I love to read about. The setting reminded me of when I spent some cold winters in Utah. The author brought back some beautiful memories through her description of Utah. The plot was challenging, and I was surprised when the culprit was revealed. I can’t wait to read the next one in this series. Thanks to the Somerset County Library for providing me a copy of this book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment