Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Book Review!

 

Rules for Engaging the Earl (The Widow Rules #2)Rules for Engaging the Earl by Janna MacGregor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Constance Lysander needs a husband. She’s a widowed mother whose former husband was married to two other women at the same time. Enter her old friend, Jonathan, Earl of Sykeston. Injured on the battlefield, Jonathan fears that he’s ill equipped to be a good spouse. Constance and Jonathan have loved each other forever, but neither one has ever said anything. Can Jonathan step up and be the partner that Constance needs?
This historical romance was a sweet and steamy read. Even though there weren’t many sex scenes, the scenes between Constance and Jonathan were steamy yet tasteful. I loved how Constance picked herself up after such betrayal and didn’t play the victim card. I love reading these stories because of the setting and the pageantry, having the characters going to a ball, and dueling. I will continue reading this author’s work. Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the advanced reader’s copy of this book. This review is my unbiased opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment