Thursday, March 31, 2022

Book Review!

 

Inherit the WordInherit the Word by Daryl Wood Gerber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Published in 2014. Jenna Hart moved back to Crystal Cove, California, to recapture her vitality and to help her aunt Vera run the local culinary bookshop and café. The Cookbook Nook is set to host the town's upcoming Grill Fest, a tasty competition which pits local amateur chefs against one another to prepare the most delicious dishes. This year's challenge: grilled cheese. But, when one of the competitors is murdered, can Jenna find the true culprit before someone she loves gets their goose cooked?
This was a great read. I loved the main character and how she dealt with her past issues. Her aunt Vera always puts a smile on my face. I loved reading about the competition and the other characters from the town. The setting was so well-described that I would love to go and visit the Cookbook Nook. I will definitely continue reading the series. Thank you to the Somerset County Library System of New Jersey for this mysterious read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment