Friday, April 1, 2022

Book Review!

 

A Margin for Murder (Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery #8)A Margin for Murder by Lauren Elliott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Addie Greyborne leaves her bookstore, Beyond the Page Books and Curios, in the capable hands of her assistant while she travels to Pen Hollow to attend a book sale at a library that is closing due to lack of funding. But the real find is a bookmobile bus, which she’s excited to use as a traveling bookstore during all the summer festivals. While inspecting the bookmobile, Addie finds several classic first editions. But before the bookmobile can be delivered to Addie, the bus is involved in a fatal car crash. When an autopsy reveals poison in the victim’s system and the first editions go missing, it’s up to Addie to determine what would drive someone to murder.
This was a very interesting whodunit because the story took place away from the usual setting. Even though the mystery was puzzling, and the romantic subplot was sweet, I didn’t really connect with the book as much as I wanted to. I missed the bookstore setting and the characters in town. I didn’t like the way the Pen Hollow police department was represented. I felt that the police chief was portrayed as backwards and severely close-minded. I do want to continue with this series. Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington for the advanced reader’s copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment