Thursday, March 17, 2022

Book Review!

 

To Helvetica and Back (Dangerous Type Mystery, #1)To Helvetica and Back by Paige Shelton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Published in 2016. Star City is known for its slopes and its powder. It’s also known for its quaint shops such as the Rescued Word, where Chester Henry and his adult granddaughter Clare repair old typewriters and restore old books. When a stranger to town demands they turn over an antique Underwood typewriter they’re repairing for a customer, a call to the police scares the man off. When Clare finds his dead body in the back alley, she starts to wonder why he wanted the old typewriter, and why was he killed?
This was a good cozy mystery to curl up to on a rainy day. The setting reminded me of my time in Utah with the snow-covered mountains and the tourists that would arrive in winter to ski. The main character is sweet and intelligent, and very likeable. Her relationship with the police is very respectful and interesting. I also liked the romantic subplot. I would love to read another story from this series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment