Friday, March 18, 2022

Book Review!

 

The Lady and the Bricklayer (Ladies & Strays #3)The Lady and the Bricklayer by Lisa Torquay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lady Millicent, the daughter of the Duke of Haddington, is shunned by her peers because of her father’s sadistic ways. She is awaiting her 22nd birthday to inherit money left to her by her mother. Until then, she hires a bricklayer to help repair the folie on her father’s property. Martin, the hired bricklayer, wants revenge because the duke raped his sister. But what if the bricklayer falls in love with the daughter? How can he find his revenge?
This is an unconventional romance because the women in this series are all strong and forthright. They take on the norms of the day and stand them on their head. And, that’s why I like this series. It has all the scenic charm of that period without the chauvinistic male dominance. Lady Millicent is refreshing and intelligent. The plot was suspenseful enough to keep my attention. I can’t wait until the next historical romance from this great author. I received an advanced reader’s copy from the publisher. This review is my unbiased opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment