Monday, February 14, 2022

Book Review!

 

Batter Off Dead (A Country Store Mystery #10)Batter Off Dead by Maddie Day
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Robbie and her new husband Abe O’Neill are enjoying a summer evening in the park enjoying some fireworks. In attendance are senior residents from Jupiter Springs Assisted Living including Roy Bird, father of the town’s Police Lieutenant Buck Bird. Despite his blindness, Roy is a member of his group home’s knitting circle, with his girlfriend, Vi. But when the lightshow ends, she is found dead with a puncture wound in her neck. The poor woman’s death reminds Buck of his mother’s unsolved homicide. Robbie is determined to help solve the case. But someone will stop at nothing to end Robbie’s investigation.
This was a very good culinary cozy mystery. I love reading about all of Robbie’s adventures and the food that she creates at her pancake house. The plot was puzzling, and I was surprised by the revelation of the culprit. I honestly became confused with the many different red herrings in the story. I had a hard time distinguishing one character from the other. I want to read the next one in this series. I received an advanced reader’s copy from NetGalley. This review is my honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment