Sunday, February 27, 2022

Book Review!

 

Antique Auctions Are Murder (A Poppy McAllister Mystery #7)Antique Auctions Are Murder by Libby Klein
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Poppy McAllister is enjoying the summer season at the Butterfly House Bed and Breakfast in Cape May, New Jersey. Courtney Whipple and his family of antique dealers return to the area for the annual Cold Spring Village antique show. Courtney’s son, Auggie has a unique item he believes will fetch him a fortune if he can get it authenticated in time. But, rival dealer Grover Prickle insists Auggie stole it from his store. Poppy and her Aunt Ginny attend the auction, hoping to bid on an armoire for the B&B. Strangely, they don’t see either Auggie or Grover, or the mysterious item they both claim to own. Then during the auction, a body falls out of the same armoire Poppy was hoping to acquire. Can she figure out how a dead body wound up in the armoire before another body is found?
This is a funny, puzzling and poignant mystery. I love Poppy and Aunt Ginny. Their antics always make me giggle. Several suspects kept me guessing whodunit, and I was surprised at the end. The one thing that annoyed me was the penchant of one of the side characters to denigrate Poppy. It didn’t seem funny to me. I hoped that Poppy would put her in her place, but she never did. The plot was very entertaining, and I liked how Poppy realized more about herself and her relationship with Gia. I received an advanced reader’s copy from NetGalley. This review is my opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment