Monday, December 20, 2021

Book Review!

 

A Three Book Problem (Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery #7)A Three Book Problem by Vicki Delany
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Gemma Doyle and Jayne Wilson are catering a weekend party where David Masterson is entertaining friends at the Suffolk Gardens House. He’s a lover of Sherlock Holmes and asks Gemma to provide some books and props for the occasion. Detective Ryan Ashburton is assisting in the kitchen. When David asks to meet with Gemma and Jayne in the library, they are stunned and completely shocked when a dart sails through the window and into David’s neck, killing him. Gemma has a house full of suspects and knows that one of them is not David’s friend.
This was a very exciting cozy mystery. It reminded me of the closed room mysteries of the past with all of the interesting suspects and settings. Gemma seemed particularly single-minded in her investigation, and wouldn’t stop until she learned the truth. This story kept me guessing until the big reveal at the end. I received an advanced reader’s copy from NetGalley. This is my honest review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment