Friday, December 24, 2021

Book Review!

 

The Mystery of Albert E. Finch (Victorian Book Club Mystery, #3)The Mystery of Albert E. Finch by Callie Hutton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Bath, England, 1892. Mystery author Lady Amy Lovell is marrying Lord William Wethington, a fellow member of the Mystery Book Club of Bath. Amy's great aunt, Lady Priscilla Granville, is hosting their wedding at her stately Derby Manor House. But on the night before the ceremony Mrs. Alice Finch is heard arguing with her husband, Albert. The next morning at the wedding breakfast, Alice falls face-first into her breakfast, dead. Albert is accused of the murder, then, his dead body is found. Can Lady Amy and Lord William find the truth before their honeymoon plans are null and void?
I loved this story. The main characters are very likeable and wonderful to read about. I loved how the plot kept me on my toes, and I was surprised about who the culprit turned out to be. I like the historical aspect of the story and how Lady Amy fights for her independence. I received an advanced reader’s copy from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment