Social media guru and baker Maddy Montgomery is preparing for her wedding day. Friends and family descend on New Bison, Michigan, to celebrate. Unfortunately, she has to deal with an unhappy couple: feuding cousins Hannah and Dorothy, who haven’t spoken in decades. When Dorothy crashes the rehearsal dinner, with several uninvited guests in tow, she starts complaining to everyone. And the next day, she's found dead with Hannah standing over her body. Nobody in town believes Hannah could commit murder. But a new detective doesn’t know Hannah and the evidence seems overwhelming. Now, with her wedding day coming up, Maddy needs to find the true killer before she walks down the aisle.
This was one of the most enjoyable cozy mysteries in this fantastic series. Maddy is a courageous and intelligent sleuth who is found new life and new love. I honestly envy the amateur sleuth as she has reinvented her life for the better. All of the side characters are unique and lovable. Reading about the scenery in Michigan makes me want to go there someday. The plot was very intriguing and even though I thought I knew who the culprit was, I was surprised in the end. I will definitely read more of this series. Thank you NetGalley and Kensington Publishing for this advanced readers copy. This review is my honest opinion.

No comments:
Post a Comment