It’s carnival season in New Orleans, and Ricki James-Diaz from Bon Vee is getting ready for Mardi Gras. She's joined the krewe of Chew to support her boyfriend, Virgil, who's to be crowned this year’s king. It’s all fun, and over-the-top outfits until the krewe’s captain is found strangled to death. The prime suspect is Ricki’s friend. It seems a straightforward case, but Ricki isn’t sure. Now she's at the center of another murder investigation. And if she’s not careful, her first Mardi Gras could also be her last.
This was a great cozy mystery filled with fun characters, and a plot that kept me guessing until the very end. I realized upon starting this novel that it wasn't the first novel in the series, but it was an easy read, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I loved reading about Mardi Gras season and all of the different parades and parties that go on in the Big Easy during this time. I've always wanted to go there, and this book gave me a taste of what it would be like. I will definitely read more of this series. Thanks to NetGalley and Joffe Books For this advanced reader's copy.

No comments:
Post a Comment