Saturday, August 17, 2024

How to Best a Marquess by Janna MacGregor - 5 stars!


Beth Howell is in search of the dowry that her first husband stole, and she needs assistance to do it. She asks Julian Raleah, Marquess of Grayson, to help her. The only problem is he was the one who broke her heart before. Can Beth find her dowry and the truest love at the same time?
This was a sweet romance with so much twist and turns that I was sad when the book ended. Beth and Julian are great romantic characters who have idiosyncrasies and flaws that make them interesting and worthy of love. I loved how this series has bucked the normal view of the "ton" in historical romance novels. These women have made their own way and achieved their dreams. I will definitely read another story from this wonderful author. I want to thank St Martin's Press and NetGalley for the opportunity of reading this advanced reader's copy. This review contains my honest opinion.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment