Monday, July 1, 2024

Death by Chocolate Marshmallow Pie by Sarah Graves - 2 stars!


Eastport's Arts Festival is where Jake and Ellie are selling their baked goods from The Chocolate Moose. But there's also competition from a new rival, Choco’s, that’s trying to slice into the action. Choco’s owner, Brad Fairway, is pulling sneaky stunts to divert Moose patrons to his own shop, and Ellie finally confronts him about his tactics. But when Brad is found dead the next day, and the weapon is a gun that belongs to Ellie, it’s only a matter of time before she is charged with the crime. Sifting through the victim’s connections, Jake and Ellie sense they’re getting close to the real culprit. Can they serve up the solution before the killer dishes up another helping of murder?
Reading the blurb, I was so excited to read this story. But I felt the pace and the structure was dragging it down. I think the chapters are too long. I also couldn't get a feel for the main character. I felt that I was missing something in her story. I didn't want to learn anymore about her. This book just wasn't for me. Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Publishing for the opportunity of reading this advanced reader's copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment