Friday, May 3, 2024

A Midsummer Night's Sheme by Harper Kincaid - 2 stars!


Everything is returning to the calm that Quinn Caine and her cousin Sister Daria are used to in their town of Vienna, a movie star crash lands into their peace and quiet. Chad Frivole is Vienna’s prodigal son. The once notorious lothario has returned a Broadway star, ready to make a different kind of mark on his hometown. Not everyone is celebrating his return. When he turns up dead in his car, trapped with a sack full of snakes, and then Quinn's brother's life is threatened, Quinn investigates with the help of her cousin Sister Daria to find the truth.
I really wanted to like this story more but ever since the first page I felt a disconnection. I never read mysteries in order so, admittedly, I didn't read the first story in this series. I got into the story and understood most of what was going on. The characters are likable, and the plot made me want to turn the pages until the end. I was surprised by who the culprit was. The very end of this story left a bad taste in my mouth. I hate when there are cliffhangers. There was really no reason to use such a device for this book. I want my mysteries all tied up in a neat bow at the end of the story. Thank you to NetGalley and Crooked Lane Books for the honor of reading this advanced Reader's copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment