Saturday, May 13, 2023

A Bakery Murder!

 

Bread Over Troubled Water (A Bread Shop Mystery #8)Bread Over Troubled Water by Winnie Archer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Photographer Ivy Culpepper is working in the Yeast of Eden bakery when a customer has been murdered. Josh Prentiss always turned heads with his startlingly good looks and thousand-watt smile. But Ivy can’t help noticing one morning that he seems distracted and off his game. Later, during a visit to the park her rescue pug, Agatha, sniffs out Josh lying dead in a bed of poppies. When the bakery is accused of poisoning him, Ivy decides to investigate to find the truth.

This was a great culinary cozy mystery. Ivy is a very likeable, smart sleuth who cares for her coworkers and family. The plot was so engrossing that I kept on turning the pages to find out whodunnit, but I was surprised by the identity of the culprit in the end. I will definitely read the next installment of this wonderful series. Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington for this advanced reader’s copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment