Monday, August 8, 2022

A Wedding, Tea and Murder!

 

No Good Tea Goes Unpunished (Seaside Café Mystery, #2)No Good Tea Goes Unpunished by Bree Baker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Catering her childhood friend’s beachfront wedding was a dream come true for Everly Swan and great exposure for her new iced tea shop and café. But when the groom is found floating face down in the surf, the locals of Charm, North Carolina turn their suspicions on his new bride. Everly knows her friend couldn’t be behind the murder, but with clues pointing in several directions, she can’t decide which wedding guest is the most likely culprit. But with a killer on the loose and a feeling that someone is watching her café very closely, Everly knows that if she can’t solve this murder soon, her cake might be iced for good.
This was a fantastic cozy mystery that I didn’t want to end. Everly is a likeable main character who’s creating a new life back in her hometown. She lives next to her wonderfully zany aunts who adore her and keep her on her toes. Then, there’s the handsome detective who gives Everly goosebumps whenever he comes around. I believe the best cozies have a little hint of romance. The plot was a puzzle, and I thought I had it figured out. But I was wrong, and the ending was very satisfying. I will definitely read more from this series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment