Wednesday, August 31, 2022

A Bakery Conundrum!

 

Two Parts Sugar, One Part MurderTwo Parts Sugar, One Part Murder by Valerie Burns
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After Maddy Montgomery was dumped at the altar, she decides to move to New Bison, Michigan where her Aunt Octavia, to her surprise, left her a house, a bakery business and a 200-pound English Mastiff named Baby. Maddy doesn’t bake, but the locals are friendly, and the scenery is beautiful. With help from her aunt’s loyal friends, aka The Baker Street Irregulars, Maddy feels ready to tackle any challenge. That is, until New Bison’s mayor is fatally stabbed, and Maddy’s fingerprints are found on the knife!
I absolutely loved this cozy culinary mystery. Maddy was a woman at a crossroads and needed a push in the right direction. Her aunt’s inheritance helped her change out of the spoiled girl of her youth into a woman who cared for others. There were enough red herrings to keep me guessing. The one thing that irked me was that I don’t think the ending was complete. Were all of the murders solved? I don’t like loose ends in my mysteries. Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Books for this advanced reader’s copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment