Friday, July 29, 2022

Mint Chocolate Ice Cream and A Murder!

 

Mint Chocolate Murder (Ice Cream Shop Mystery,#2)Mint Chocolate Murder by Meri Allen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Udderly Delightful Ice Cream shop manager Riley Rhodes is preparing for a fantasy ice cream social to celebrate the opening of a photography exhibit by Adam Blasco. The exhibit is taking place at Penniman’s Moy Mull Castle. The gothic structure was built by an eccentric New England Gilded Age millionaire. It has been transformed into a premiere arts colony by Maud Monaco, a reclusive former supermodel. When Riley hears rumors that Blasco has a dark history of obsession with his models, her curiosity is aroused. But, when Adam is found dead behind the locked door of Moy Mull’s dungeon, Riley realizes there’s more to the stories, and she’s determined to find the truth.
This was an interesting cozy mystery. When I started reading, I couldn’t get a handle on who the characters were. The main character, Riley, was likeable and hard-working. She loved to investigate and search for clues. But I didn’t understand some of the other character’s roles. I felt like I had missed a part of the story. The plot was easier to understand as the story progressed. I was able to comprehend the mystery in the end. Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the advanced reader’s copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment