Tuesday, July 19, 2022

A Killer Kung Pao, Anyone?

 

Killer Kung Pao (A Noodle Shop Mystery, #6)Killer Kung Pao by Vivien Chien
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lana Lee runs her family’s Chinese restaurant in Cleveland’s Asia Village. Before she leaves for the weekend, she witnesses a car accident in the parking lot. June Yi, of Yi’s Tea and Bakery, meets her match when she rear-ends the Cadillac belonging to Mah Jong lover Mildred “Millie” Mao. After each woman curses and threatens the other, Lana believes that trouble lies ahead. Still, she couldn’t imagine that Millie would end up dead at the beauty salon. All eyes are on June. Can Lana find a way to solve this case before another fatality occurs in Asia Village?
This was a great cozy mystery to curl up to on a rainy day with some wonton soup. Lana is a girl that I love to read about because she takes chances and things happen. I also love to read about the Mah Jong loving women who seem to always know the scoop. The plot was a puzzler, and I was shocked when the culprit was revealed. These stories are always fun reads. I will definitely read more from this series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment