Tuesday, June 28, 2022

What Anson and Eve Want!

 

The One I Want (Silver Creek, #5)The One I Want by Cindy Kirk
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Anson Hawkins, oldest son of one of Denver’s most prominent families, is running for a seat on the City Council in the upcoming election. And when that happens, there’s only one woman he wants by his side. Eve Driskill is the little sister of his best friend, Cameron. Now she’s all grown up, and Anson knows the social media star is more than the pretty party girl she pretends to be online. No matter how cutthroat the political world gets, he can always be real with Eve. When Anson learns he could be connected to a ten-year-old cold case, he struggles to remember that night. With Eve’s help, he’ll uncover the past, and hope it doesn’t derail both their futures.
This is a sweet romantic novella. The characters are very likeable, and the plot is intriguing. I loved how both couples stuck together, even though things were getting rough in their personal lives. I couldn’t stop reading this story until I got to the end. This is a continuation and the second part of a trilogy. I think it would be better to read these stories in order, so there’s no confusion. I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from the publisher and am voluntarily reviewing it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment