Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Book Review!

 

A Midsummer Night's Fudge (A Candy-Coated Mystery Book 10)A Midsummer Night's Fudge by Nancy CoCo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

During the Midsummer Night’s Festival, Allie watches as Winona Higer crowns the festival’s queen. Then, when the fireworks get too much, she decides to take her dog, Mal, home to spare her little ears. On her way back, Allie spots Winona Higer’s dead body in the lake. After Allie’s recruited to sub for the late Winona and serve as parade float judge, she hears rumors and gossip, and learns that threatening notes have been sent to some of the other judges. Her instincts kick in and Allie starts an investigation that becomes way too deadly. Will she find out whodunit before she’s in the killer’s crosshairs.
In my opinion, this was a great cozy mystery because it consists of enjoyable characters, a puzzling plot, a wonderful seaside town that embodies the word “cozy,” and chocolate. The main character is a strong woman who doesn’t let anyone push her around, and she always informs the police about the clues she discovers. The mystery is full of interesting plot twists that made me rethink the solution and surprised me in the end. And I love mysteries that take place in a seaside town because it reminds me of my childhood living near the shore. But, fair warning, all the fudge recipes will make you hungry. Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Books for the advanced reader’s copy of this story. This review is my unbiased opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment