Thursday, April 28, 2022

Book Review!

 

Lovely Shattered Secrets (Cypress Falls, #1)Lovely Shattered Secrets by Abbey Easton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Barely escaping with her life, Wren Brooks finds refuge in the town of Cypress Falls. All she wants is a safe place to start over. Her heart is fragile and the last thing she's looking for is the handsome, broody town cop. Atlas Ranes feels the weight of the world on his shoulders. No matter how hard he tries to keep his little brother out of trouble and advance in his career, it's never quite enough. When a woman literally falls into his arms, his life is sent into a spiral. Can he find a future with Wren before a deadly secret kills them both?
Overall, this was a very good contemporary romance. I liked the two main characters and how they tried to put their pasts behind them to start a new future. I loved how the author described the town and its citizens. Not everyone was welcoming the newcomer, and that made it realistic. The one thing that bothered me was the beginning of the story, the very first scene. Personally, I’m very sensitive about child abuse, and I feel that abuse or abandonment should be off-screen and not described so well. I understood why the scene was there, I just didn’t like it. Otherwise, this story was well-plotted. Thank you to BookSirens and Peridot Publishing LLC for this advanced reader’s copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment