Saturday, March 26, 2022

Book Review!

 

Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop (Beacon Bakeshop, #1)Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop by Darci Hannah
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Published in 2021. After her fiancĂ©’s betrayal, Lindsay Bakewell decides to move to Beacon Harbor, Michigan to pursue her dream of opening a bakery. She sets her business up in an old lighthouse, which some citizens disagree with, leading to protests. During the opening day, her former fiancĂ© and his new girlfriend shows up to ruin her day. But, when someone drops dead outside her business, can Lindsay find out what’s going on before her business is shut down for good?
This was a great story full of suspense, intrigue and great characters. I liked how Lindsay took her life in her own hands and changed it for the better after such heartache. The setting sounded so idyllic. I would like to travel there someday. The plot was so engrossing, it kept me guessing until the last page. I was totally surprised when the culprit was revealed.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment