Thursday, January 20, 2022

Book Review!

 

Hot and Sour Suspects (A Noodle Shop Mystery,#8)Hot and Sour Suspects by Vivien Chien
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lana Lee and her best friend, Megan Riley, host a speed dating contest at Ho-Lee Noodle House. The night goes better than anticipated, and both women are beyond thrilled with the results. But when Rina Su, fellow Asia Village shop owner and speed dating participant, calls to inform Lana that the date she’s just matched with has been murdered, Lana starts to investigate. She finds that the man had a rather unsavory past. Can Lana find the culprit before he finds her?
I enjoyed this one, but felt that it needed more excitement, and suspense. I loved the characters and enjoyed the camaraderie between them. The culprit was someone I felt didn’t have enough book time, so I didn’t feel like he was a genuine suspect. The story had a satisfactory ending. I would like to read another story by this author. I received an advanced reader’s copy from NetGalley. This review is my honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment