Monday, December 13, 2021

Book Review!

 

Bake, Borrow, and Steal (A Bakeshop Mystery, #14)Bake, Borrow, and Steal by Ellie Alexander
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In Ashland, Oregon, Jules and her team at Torte are working on a big event. They’ve been invited to create chocolate showpieces for the opening of a new exhibit, Shakespeare’s Lost Pages at the local museum. The museum is getting ready to unveil the Bard’s lost manuscript, Double Falsehood, which is being advertised as the greatest artistic discovery of modern times. Torte is also creating a historically accurate feast for the guests. Once the massive works of chocolate art are safely installed at the museum, Jules can let out a sigh of relief and enjoy the excitement of the grand celebration. But her relief is short-lived when news begins to spread that Shakespeare’s lost manuscript is missing. Then, the security guard tasked with keeping the priceless artifact safe has been murdered. When a family friend is charged with murder, Jules is on the case to find the culprit and the missing manuscript.
I loved this cozy mystery. The characters are likeable, and the setting makes me want to visit and spend some time eating. The plot was enjoyable, and full of red herrings and clues that kept me guessing. The romantic subplot is a wonderful addition to the mystery. This book can be read as a stand-alone. I recommend it for anyone who loves a good mystery. I received this advanced reader’s copy from NetGalley and all opinions are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment