Thursday, April 4, 2024

Murder Served Neat by Michelle Hillen Klump - 3 Stars!


Reporter-turned-mixologist Samantha Warren is mixing up traditional cocktails at the German Texan Lodge’s Fourth of July festival. Lodge loyalties are divided over a proposal to build a private tennis center on the lodge grounds. Her mom’s best friend Patty Davis is opposed to the plan. Society matron Angela Clawson is all for it. At the festival, they’re seen in a heated argument. Then, Angela is found dead. Can Samantha help Patty and find the real culprit?
This was a good cozy mystery, although I felt a little disconnected. I remembered the main character yet didn't remember any of the other characters involved in this mystery. I became confused with the suspects, and I had problems telling them apart. Overall, I like the plot and hope to read more from this author soon. This review is my unbiased opinion. Thanks to NetGalley and Crooked Lane books for the opportunity to read this advanced reader's copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment