Monday, March 11, 2024

Snuffed Out by Valona Jones - 1 Star!


30-year-old fraternal twins Tabby and Sage Winslow own The Book and Candle Shop in Savannah. Sage is hot-headed and impulsive while Tabby is calm and collected, making them the perfect partnership. When one of their customers is found murdered, from a blow to the head, that partnership is put to the test.
Being a lover of cozy mysteries, I wanted to find a great new series with some paranormal attributes. But I'm sorry to say, this isn't it. First, the characters. Although I liked the main character a lot, I didn't like her sister. She seemed a little mean. Whenever I read a piece of fiction, I suspend my belief somewhat. This novel stretched that to the limit. The characters relied too much on their paranormal gifts instead of using common sense and their intelligence. It's hard for me to believe that these characters can make themselves invisible on a whim. When I question whether I even want to continue reading a story, I know that it's time to stop. To me, life is too short to read something that doesn't appeal to me. I would like to thank NetGalley and Crooked Lane books for the opportunity to read this advanced reader's copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment