Sunday, March 24, 2024

Honey Drop Dead by Laura Childs - 4 stars!


Theodosia Browning’s Honey Bee Tea was an elegant affair set in Charleston’s new Petigru Park amid native grasses and a community beekeeping project. But when a phony beekeeper shows up and sprays toxic smoke at the guests, the party erupts in chaos. Worse yet, a shot rings out and Osgood Claxton III, candidate for state legislature, falls to the ground—dead. Holly Burns, the gallery owner who asked Theodosia to cater the tea, is heartbroken. When the police don’t seem to have a clue, Holly begs Theodosia to run a shadow investigation and help restore her gallery’s good name. Theodosia questions everyone that had a bone to pick with Claxton. But the investigation becomes a hot potato following a second murder. Can Theo find the truth before she's next to be murdered?
This was another great mystery by one of my favorite mystery authors. I love Theodosia, and how her sassiness and intelligence helps her solve mysteries. She always seems to outwit the local police and her detective boyfriend. I love reading about South Carolina, and all of the wonderful, charming places that I hope one day to visit. I honestly wish there was an Indigo Tea Shop, because I would definitely love to meet Drayton, Theodosia and Haley. I was surprised who the culprit was in the end. I will definitely read more from this series.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment