Sunday, June 11, 2023

A Countess to Remember!

 

The Reluctant Countess (Would-Be Wallflowers, #2)The Reluctant Countess by Eloisa James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Giles Renwick, Earl of Lilford, has never made a fool of himself over a woman until he meets Lady Yasmin Régnier. Yasmin is totally unsuitable as a wife, a mistress (she is a lady!), nor a friend, since they dislike each other. Her gowns are too low, and she loves to gossip and giggle. So, they wouldn’t be a good match, would they?
I loved this historical romance. It had true love, intrigue and diabolical characters. I liked Yasmin because she wouldn’t let scandal stop her. She knew who was a true ally. I liked Giles because the rumors didn’t stop him from being with Yasmin. The plot kept me interested until the very last page. I will read more from this author. Thank you to NetGalley and Avon and Harper Voyager for this advanced reader’s copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment