Sunday, June 19, 2022

Birds, and Swindlers, and Murder, Oh My!

 

Killers of a Feather (Urban Tails Pet Shop Mysteries Book 2)Killers of a Feather by T.C. LoTempio
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

With the grand re-opening of her Urban Tails Pet Shop just days away, Shell McMillan has her hands full planning entertainment for the event, including a fortune-telling parrot. But her mood is threatened by rumors of the return of Johnny Draco, a former investment guru who swindled money from most of the residents of Fox Hollow and then vanished without a trace. And when the parrot predicts a grim future for Draco and his dead body is found hours later, Shell realizes that people she has come to know are suspects. She investigates to find the truth behind the murder.
I liked the premise of this cozy mystery, and the characters were fun to read about. But I felt that there was something missing in the plot. There seemed to be inconsistencies with certain aspects of the main character’s investigation. I actually went back to read certain parts of the story, figuring that I might’ve missed something. Even though the story confused me at times, the ending was satisfactory. Thank you to NetGalley and Beyond the Page Publishing for the advanced reader’s copy of this book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment