Friday, June 10, 2022

A Wonderful Not-So-Cozy Mystery!

 

The Woman in the LibraryThe Woman in the Library by Sulari Gentill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The ornate reading room at the Boston Public Library is a quiet, tranquil place until a woman's terrified scream is heard. Security guards instruct everyone inside to stay put until the threat is identified and contained. While they wait, four strangers, who'd happened to sit at the same table, pass the time in conversation and friendships are struck. Each has his or her own reasons for being in the reading room that morning, it just happens that one is a murderer.
This is the best mystery I’ve read this year, so far. I love the way the novel was written. The story within the story was very intriguing, and kept me wondering what would happen next. I loved how the subjects of race and the Coronavirus pandemic was addressed. The characters were shown through their actions and behaviors, not just by their looks. The suspense kept me at the edge of my seat. There was a little on the page violence and sex in the book. I recommend it to everyone who loves a great mystery. Thank you to NetGalley and Sourcebooks for this advanced reader’s copy. This review is my honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment