Saturday, June 25, 2022

A Fair-ly Complicated Murder!

 

A Hint of Mischief (A Fairy Garden Mystery #3)A Hint of Mischief by Daryl Wood Gerber
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Courtney Kelly, the proprietor of a fairy garden and tea shop in Carmel-by-the-Sea, is having an old sorority sister's fortieth birthday bash, and a famous actress, Farrah Lawson, is flying in for the occasion. Courtney has less than two weeks to paint a mural, hang up tinkling windchimes, plan party games, and conjure up all the details. While she works her magic, the hostess and her girlfriends head off for an indulgent spa day, which leads to a fateful facial for Farrah, followed by her mysterious death. Could the kindhearted eyebrow waxer who Farrah berated in public really be the killer? Courtney thinks otherwise, and with the help of her imaginative sleuth fairy, sets out to dig up the truth behind this puzzling murder.
This fantasy cozy mystery was interesting to me. The setting was beautifully described and makes me want to visit there and see if I can spot a fairy. The plot is full of twists and red herrings that made me indecisive about the culprit’s identity. I love reading about the sleuth and her life working at the shop. What threw me off about this mystery was the abundance of suspects, I was confused and couldn’t tell them apart, at times. I will read another mystery from this series. Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Publishing for this advanced reader’s copy. This review is my unbiased opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment