Thursday, May 26, 2022

Book Review!

 

A Deadly Deletion (Booktown Mystery, #15)A Deadly Deletion by Lorna Barrett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Published in 2021. Tricia Miles has just received a second marriage proposal within fifteen minutes. The first was from her friend with benefits, Marshall Chambers, and the second from her ex-boyfriend, police chief Grant Baker. Tricia's got some serious thinking to do. Suddenly Marshall is hit by a white pickup truck as he walks across the street and is killed. Grieving, Tricia walks Angelica’s dog and the same truck just misses hitting her. When she finds out that Marshall was a part of the Federal Witness Protection Program and everything he told her was a lie, can Tricia find the truth before the killer succeeds in his attempts on her life?
This was a great cozy mystery full of action and mayhem. Tricia is a strong character who has weathered so many ups and downs, and still comes out on top. It’s inspiring. I loved reading about the bookstore day-to-day activities. It gave the mystery its coziness. The plot was full of twists and turns that kept me guessing until the very end. When the culprit was revealed, I was surprised and dismayed. I didn’t like who the murderer was, the character was one I liked. I will continue to read this series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment