Monday, March 7, 2022

Book Review!

 

A Brush with LoveA Brush with Love by Mazey Eddings
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Harper is awaiting placement into a top oral surgery residency program. Her anxiety and fear of failure makes her concentrate only on her schooling until Dan enters the picture. A first-year dental student with a family legacy to contend with, Dan doesn’t have the same passion for pulling teeth that Harper does. Although he’s attracted to Harper, she wants to be “just friends.” But as they get to know each other better, Harper fears that trading fillings for feelings may make her lose control and can't risk her carefully ordered life coming undone.
This was a sweet contemporary romance read. I loved it because it showcased how mental illness can affect relationships. Mental illness shouldn’t be stigmatized. If people need help, they shouldn’t be made fun of or shamed. I loved how the heroine with the help of her friends overcame her anxieties to open her heart. I also felt that the hero being open-minded enough to have a relationship with someone with a mental illness was refreshing. I will definitely read this author again. I received an advanced reader’s copy from NetGalley. This review is my unbiased opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment