Thursday, January 13, 2022

Book Review!

 

Long Overdue at the Lakeside Library (Lakeside Library Mystery #2)Long Overdue at the Lakeside Library by Holly Danvers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Rain Wilmot has decided to live year-round in Lofty Pines. Her family's library remains open to the surrounding community. When she meets Wallace Benson and assists him in finding a few cookbooks to prepare for the fishing tournament’s communal “chili dump," she doesn't realize the impact he would have on her life. When Wallace's body is found during the tournament and her best friend's husband is arrested, Rain decides to find the true culprit. Will she be able to find the truth before her number is up?
I really enjoyed this cozy mystery. The author expresses the setting so well that I could feel the cold during certain scenes. The characters are likeable, and I keep wanting to know more about them. It's an easy read, and there were no dull moments. The only thing I didn't like was the little cliffhanger the author left concerning Rain's new relationship. That was a little annoying. But I was going to read the next installment anyway. I received an advanced reader's copy from NetGalley, and this is my honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment